Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Smile For Me

Desperate Times Prose: Volume VII

A closed eye reach for my arm to keep you warm
I love nothing more than watching you fall asleep
Your skin, magnetizes my touch
I stroke your cheek
I see you smile
As I hold your face in my hands, I smile
I hold the world in my hands

Your peacefulness amazes me
I'm weary on my feet, but calm within your bed
I've never been the religious type
But even asleep, I see God in your eyes
There's a heavenly glow that surrounds you
Maybe I'm crazy; believing everything I think
But everything I think in this moment feels right

Lying in our blissful cocoon;
I can't help but fall in love with every part of you, all over again
I see perfection in your flaws
I know hope in your smile
I feel love in your unconscious kiss
and I rush to join your euphoric slumber

No comments: