Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Was Riding Along Heartbreak Ridge

Desperate Times Prose: Volume III

Heartbreak Ridge

Why you wanna break my heart
Why you wanna lose my trust
Why you wanna throw my love away
Why you wanna let me go

Maybe my touch was too warm
Maybe my lips were too soft
Maybe my heart invaded your space
Maybe my voice wasn't sweet enough

When were the times I was bad
Specifically, why were you sad?
Should I have held you tighter or kissed a little lighter
If I didn’t show then, let me show you now

But no, you’re spilling your secrets to somebody else
And his hand is warm like I used to be warm
But you don’t want my hand anymore
You don't need to be kept warm and all I want to do is keep you warm

It wouldn’t matter if I told you I hate you
Cause you’ve already moved on
It wouldn’t matter, bet that’s what you want to hear,
Give you an excuse to forget me, just forget me,

Cause I’m suffocating under your pillow of affection
If you really knew me you wouldn’t refuse me, you’d know how I feel,
How much I care, how I would share, how I'd change, how I’d do anything,
To see you

Rip these scars from my wrist, before I explode
Set me free, then I’ll be me, make me hate you for not wanting me
I see you happy, see you smile
See you having fun beguiling other guys, other toys, others kill me
Why are you so happy without me – why are you so free – what have I done to kill your spirit, that you must keep away from me

No comments: