Monday, October 11, 2010

Proof

What do i have to do to prove myself to you? I don't understand the way you hold my hand then fling me away cross the room

Why do I feel, like my soul's not quite real,
If I don't get the job that I'm right for.

What do I do to sabotage myself in your eyes - what can I change? My range?
I'll rearrange my range to my change my rage in to something more manageable/less frightening. I'll sing you a tune and you'll clap, bodies swoon to the sound of my voice in the night.

But cheers grow dim and subways stop and your trapped with your thoughts in a tube with no way out - no way out - trapped with your brain gone insane on the train in the tube no way out -

And i think:

"What did I do to betray you? What did I do to make you lose your confidence in me?"

Why can't I be what you want me to be? I thought you used to like me - I thought you used to like who I am - the number one man to have in your band

Brothers we were - what have we become?

Silent lies abound and what have wrought?

Whence thou travel down the path of misdirection, a stake between two humans you have planted.

No comments: